Honey, want a soft and bright complexion?
I love DIY beauty/ health products. You usually have the ingredients in your kitchen, all products are fresh and natural, and best of all- it does not cost a fortune while providing optimal results!
During the winter months, my skin becomes dry and dull. This mixture never fails to combat ‘winter’ skin, regardless of the time of year. If you want skin so soft that a baby would be jealous, and a complexion that shines brighter than your favourite highlighter, follow these steps!
Honey/ Baking Soda Mask
Ingredients: Honey, Baking Soda
- For single application, mix 1 tbsp of honey with 1/2 tbsp of baking soda. (Rule of thumb ratio should be 2honey: 1bakingsoda)
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl until frothy
- Slather evenly on face and let sit 5-10 minutes
- Once you feel a tingle, add a drop of water to your fingers and rub in circular motions(you will feel the gritty texture of the baking soda starting to exfoliate
- Rinse off while still rubbing to reveal bright, soft skin!
**for added moisturization, add a tsp of coconut oil
It is that easy… you are going to be hooked! Follow me on Instagram (@theseadouspart) and let me know how it goes!
Some Benefits of Honey on your skin:
- it is antibacterial and will therefor kill acne causing bacteria
- soothing and moisturising properties will improve your complexion
- antioxidants will help to slow down aging, and restore some elasticity